I have never been a huge sports fan. Sure I would "watch" the Superbowl with family...but to be honest I really would go to a superbowl party for the food and to gab. Baseball would be a rare sport Greg would browse. Of course he would change the tv channel because he thought I wouldn't be interested...and for the most part I wasn't. Now that is huge coming from a man who grew up playing the sport from t-ball all the way thru college and almost made it to the professional level.
February of this year we decided to sign Logan up for t-ball with our local Little League. He turned 5 a few months before so he was the right age and of course I wanted him to try it since Daddy had played. This was the start of my baseball fever. His games were so fun to watch, I learned a little about the game and it was great to see the kids get better at playing. After the regular season started we went to a few Rawhide games (our local AAA team - do I have that right?), then we went to see the Fresno Grizzlies...they are a step up from the Rawhide. (Buster Posey who is the rookie catcher for the SanFranciso Giants played on the Grizzlies team until May of this year - hope I have my facts straight!).
Those were all fun games to watch....then Greg saw that I was enjoying the games so he subscribed to MLBTV thru our PS3 so we could watch Professional games every night and pick what game to watch. Our next adventure was heading to LA for a Dodger game. WOW is all I can say.....it was awesome! I was not familiar with any players on the Dodgers team at that point. This was my first and to date only MLB game I've been too. Next season we are planning on going to all 5 stadiums in California. Thru the MLB season the Phillies became my favorite team. They almost made it to the World Series but were beat by the Giants (BOO).
Anyhow, I LOVE BASEBALL and am anxious for Logan to start T-ball again and for spring training :)
I love your new found interest in sports. Even though we like different sports, I enjoy your enthuaism and excitement.
ReplyDelete